Salix Tree Art

Artwork by me, Silvia.. Ponderings and poetry by myself and other more talented writers.

My Photo
Name:
Location: ...in the country, Ireland

My name is Silvia (also known as SalixTree ), I live in the Irish countryside. I write and illustrate children's books. I like to garden, cross stitch, crochet, and read fantasy books.

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Homage to Chagall

Song of Sings
For Illustration Friday's topic "Homage"

I adore Chagall's work, the loving embrace of his couples, the smiling animals, the upsidedown characters and little crowds of people here and there.
Here's the real thing: "Song of Songs IV"


7 Comments:

Blogger Nice said...

i like your blog, your artwork is very beautiful (sorry, my english is very bad, im spanish)

March 30, 2008 2:10 am  
Blogger Bee said...

Lovely illustration! Really like your interpretation, it has great movement, colour and interest.

March 30, 2008 4:56 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for visiting! You have a beautiful style to your work. I really like it!!!!

March 30, 2008 11:32 pm  
Blogger Tracy said...

Your version is adorable!

March 31, 2008 3:40 am  
Blogger Nicky Linzey said...

I love the way you've interpreted the Chagall painting in your style.

March 31, 2008 2:15 pm  
Blogger evelina rajninger said...

Homage to Chagall - great artist! I like his work a lot as well. The colours,lights and atmosphere. Your work is lovely and very poetic. I like the characters down there and your tender colours. :-)

March 31, 2008 3:17 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a wonderful interpretation of that painting! I recognized it right away: )

March 31, 2008 9:05 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home