Salix Tree Art

Artwork by me, Silvia.. Ponderings and poetry by myself and other more talented writers.

My Photo
Name:
Location: ...in the country, Ireland

My name is Silvia (also known as SalixTree ), I live in the Irish countryside. I write and illustrate children's books. I like to garden, cross stitch, crochet, and read fantasy books.

Monday, December 11, 2006

Favorite Christmas Songs

"The meadows and far-sleeted streams
Lie still without a sound;
Like some soft minister of dreams
The snow-fall hoods me round;
In wood and water, earth and air
A silence everywhere"
~from Loreena McKennit's "a winter garden"~


There is a meme going around listing favorite Christmas songs. These are my favorite melodies of the winter season:
1. Spem in Alium, 40 voice piece by Thomas Tallis

2. Walking in the Air from The Snowman

3. Snow , Loreena McKennit
4. This Little Babe
5. Gaudete

6. What Child is This / Greensleeves
7. Drive the Cold Winter Away, Horslips

8. Fairytale of New York, Pogues & Kirsty Macoll

I've tagged a few people with this meme:
Invisible Shell
Jade
Carola
Anita
Snappy
;-}

1 Comments:

Blogger Silvia Hoefnagels . Salix Tree said...

*********************************
Anita said...

Readyyyyy! My favourite five songs are on my blog now... ;-))

5:47 PM
********************************

June 02, 2007 4:20 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home