Salix Tree Art

Artwork by me, Silvia.. Ponderings and poetry by myself and other more talented writers.

My Photo
Name:
Location: ...in the country, Ireland

My name is Silvia (also known as SalixTree ), I live in the Irish countryside. I write and illustrate children's books. I like to garden, cross stitch, crochet, and read fantasy books.

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Ocarinas, Unicorns and Keychains

I'm happy to be chosen to pick this week's topic!
Studio Friday October 27th suggested by
Silvia: MY COLLECTION(S)!
"Most people collect something, it would be fun to see what others have in their collections."

Tine says three objects would qualify, so first, here are my three ocarinas :

I used to collect and make unicorns when I was younger. The blue and white wooden one I made, my sister made the little brown fimo one.


When my son moved out, he left behind several keychains, to which I have added many many more. My favorites are the etch-a-sketch, little rubber duckie, and alien in a bottle. Click on the pic to see a close-up!
My daughter collects all kinds of candy wrappers, my youngest son collects all different soft drink cans (Coke is his specialty), and my husband collects "inspected by" tags.

1 Comments:

Blogger Silvia Hoefnagels . Salix Tree said...

**********************************
Molly Simmons said...

I love the rubber chicken keychain--I had that one for a while but it's a little unwieldy.

6:40 PM
**********************************
lee said...

loved your keychain collection, its a piece of art by itself.

lee

7:41 PM
**********************************
Going For Greatness said...

Oh this is so much fun!! I am one who loves to collect lots of things as well. I have a collection of Camels ( I LOVE THEM!), Vintage Barbie dolls (50s-70s) and hand held video games!
Let me know if I can send somethings for your collection and also your son's Coca Cola collection and your daughter's candy collection!!
sláinte!
Gabi

1:49 AM
**********************************
DEW said...

Fun, Fun, FUN!! I love the unicorns, but I'm a bit partial to horses! The keychains are fun. I just bought one for a friend that is a horse that you squeeze and it goes off with a guy whooping and "whiny-ing" and then go "neighhhhh". It is hysterical. When you think the thing is done it just gets louder and louder. I almost worn the battery out before I gave it to her! ;) Great post! Thank you for sharing your wonderful collection(s)! Have a great weekend!

7:47 PM
**********************************
Sydney said...

Your keychain collection looks like so much fun!

3:47 PM
**********************************
I need orange said...

Love your keychains!

7:01 PM

**********************************

June 02, 2007 3:21 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home