Salix Tree Art

Artwork by me, Silvia.. Ponderings and poetry by myself and other more talented writers.

My Photo
Name:
Location: ...in the country, Ireland

My name is Silvia (also known as SalixTree ), I live in the Irish countryside. I write and illustrate children's books. I like to garden, cross stitch, crochet, and read fantasy books.

Thursday, October 26, 2006

My label collection shirt

Studio Friday, part 2
I'm happy to be chosen to pick this week's topic!
Studio Friday October 27th suggested by
Silvia: MY COLLECTION(S)!
"Most people collect something, it would be fun to see what others have in their collections."

I used to hate the labels scratching my neck, so I took them off my clothes. Some were so pretty, I couldn't throw them out, so kept them in my sewing box. One day several years ago, I was not able to go to work, and started this shirt, and have been adding to it ever since.

I have several theme sections. Here are the Irish and rainbow labels: (and do click on the pics for a closer view)

Cartoons and Levis:


Lizards:

Unicorns and horses:

Girls:


Palm tree sleeve:


Plants and men:

Words:

That's all folks! ;-} Hope you enjoyed my shirt, I'm enjoying making it!

1 Comments:

Blogger Silvia Hoefnagels . Salix Tree said...

********************************
leekre said...

very cool idea about the shirt and labels.

lee

7:43 PM
********************************
Kate I said...

wow! what a unique idea silvia...I just love your shirt. thanks for suggesting this great idea of collections!

8:38 PM
********************************
Going For Greatness said...

Oo how WONDERFUL This is!!! I bet this took a lot of time and attention! Do you collect only labels from Ireland or do you look for them all over? I'd LOVE to help you with this collection as I have some very intersting ones I can send to you!
I think it's intriguing what you are doing here making a shirt! It will be such an awesome piece once you finish it! Worth 1000's of dollars!!
Thanks so much for this topic! I had such a great time with it!
Oh.. and let me know if I can add to your son's and daughter's collections as well!
sláinte!
Gabi

1:47 AM
********************************
DEW said...

This is so AWESOME! I never saw anything like this. Thanks so much for sharing it!

7:48 PM
********************************
Daisy Lupin said...

What a fantastic idea the shirt is, I have never heard or seen anything like that it really is amazing.

1:15 AM
********************************
Suzie Q said...

Hi Silvia! Your label collection is amazing! :D

'Just wanted to stop by & say thanks for this weeks' SF topic - it's wonderful how you got so many of taking part. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Have a wonderful Samhain :D

Q xXx

11:57 AM
********************************
Lina said...

Wow, I love your shirt! What a fun and unique idea :) Thanks for sharing!

5:20 PM
********************************
Camilla said...

wow- how long do you think until you'll finish it all?

11:12 PM
********************************
Salix Tree said...

I never really think of it as becoming "finished". More like "when will I run out of room"? I think it will be covered fairly soon, within a year. I will then have to buy a new shirt to continue my collection!

12:13 AM
********************************
Sydney said...

What a great idea for displaying your collection! Thanks for the topic also.

3:45 PM
********************************
I need orange said...

I love this idea. I like the way you've accomplished a coherent design, as well as several separate collections. :-)

12:38 AM
********************************
iHanna said...

that is one cool shirt! does it ever happen that you buy something now that has a beautiful label? ;-)

I love collections!

9:27 AM
********************************
Salix Tree said...

Yes, I used to go to thrift shops a lot, just to look and see if there are any pretty labels on clothing! Not so much anymore, I live too far from the city.

12:12 PM
********************************
AscenderRisesAbove said...

what an interesting collection; i bet people come up and read your coat all the time!

11:07 PM
********************************
Cat said...

Oh my gosh - I did this to a vest once!!! You have a wonderful collection. I DO HOPE YOU WEAR THIS!!! I'm way impressed.

12:42 AM

********************************

June 02, 2007 3:25 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home