Salix Tree Art

Artwork by me, Silvia.. Ponderings and poetry by myself and other more talented writers.

My Photo
Name:
Location: ...in the country, Ireland

My name is Silvia (also known as SalixTree ), I live in the Irish countryside. I write and illustrate children's books. I like to garden, cross stitch, crochet, and read fantasy books.

Saturday, October 07, 2006

Faeries Steal the Gold Braid

Trouble! Faeries create havoc in the garden!
This past summer, on Daughter of the Soil's blog, she wrote about faeries stealing the gold tread she marked certain plants with. I loved the image I imagined it to be, and finally got around to create it.


"We the Faeries, blithe and antic, Of dimentions not gigantic,
Though the moonshine mostly keep us, Oft in orchards frisk and peep us."
...Thomas Randolph

See how others have imagined trouble on Illustration Friday.

12 Comments:

Blogger Michelle Lana said...

magical and dreamy! love it!

October 07, 2006 3:57 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Lovely illo!

October 07, 2006 3:59 pm  
Blogger Digital Scott's Illustrationblog said...

What a fun and delightful image! Well done.

October 07, 2006 3:59 pm  
Blogger jim bradshaw said...

How purty? Nice mood.

October 07, 2006 9:27 pm  
Blogger Majeak Ann said...

ah..lovely, really like their intention. :)
-Marjorie

October 08, 2006 2:27 am  
Blogger Ginger*:) said...

How beautiful these naughty fairies are. But one wonders now, what will be done with the golden cord.

October 08, 2006 9:36 pm  
Blogger nicole falk said...

so great!! i love the movement of the green fairie

October 10, 2006 7:52 pm  
Blogger Joy Eliz said...

Absolutely fantastic!!! I love all the fairies here on your blog!!
Thanks so much for visiting my ElizaDeath page:)

Joy Eliz

October 10, 2006 10:45 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

That's beautiful!!! the colouring rocks!

October 13, 2006 3:34 am  
Blogger jpa said...

You have some great work and great style.

October 17, 2006 12:15 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SIVIA,TRING TO REACH YOUR BROTHER PETER.ANDY H2750@HOTMAIL.COM

March 01, 2007 7:21 am  
Blogger nordwolke said...

Wonderful picture. I love the colours!!! :D

April 15, 2007 11:34 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home