Salix Tree Art

Artwork by me, Silvia.. Ponderings and poetry by myself and other more talented writers.

My Photo
Name:
Location: ...in the country, Ireland

My name is Silvia (also known as SalixTree ), I live in the Irish countryside. I write and illustrate children's books. I like to garden, cross stitch, crochet, and read fantasy books.

Monday, August 28, 2006

Run

I remember when I was a teenager, when we used to get runs in our stockings, we would blob a bit of nail polish on to keep it from running further. Now-a-days, I just don't wear stockings.

"What you need to know about the past is that no matter what has happened, it has all worked together to bring you to this very moment. And this is the moment you can choose to make everything new. Right now." ~Author Unknown
See what others have created for the word "Run" on Illustration Friday.

6 Comments:

Blogger Amy Zaleski said...

Yeah, me neither unless it's for a wedding or funeral. This is so nicely drawn...love the pattern on the stockings and I gotta say she's got great gams!

August 28, 2006 3:52 pm  
Blogger Digital Scott's Illustrationblog said...

Nice work. Very sexy! Good composition.

August 28, 2006 5:49 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yup, I agree with illustrationblog - very sexy :D and an original idea too.

If I'm not wrong, I think stockings are out of fashion now... I don't see ladies wearing them anymore, at least not on this side of the planet. I stopped wearing them quite sometime back coz it is too warm and uncomfortable to wear them where I'm at...

August 28, 2006 7:12 pm  
Blogger Factoryrat71 said...

Excellent idea! Great work on your site.

August 28, 2006 11:38 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

great illo!

August 29, 2006 2:53 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to have a very good reason to get into a pair of hose these days. Great illustration! And thanks for the comment on my blog.

August 29, 2006 6:30 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home