Salix Tree Art

Artwork by me, Silvia.. Ponderings and poetry by myself and other more talented writers.

My Photo
Name:
Location: ...in the country, Ireland

My name is Silvia (also known as SalixTree ), I live in the Irish countryside. I write and illustrate children's books. I like to garden, cross stitch, crochet, and read fantasy books.

Friday, August 25, 2006

Nature

"Let us a little permit Nature to take her own way;
she better understands her own affairs than we."
- Michel De Montaigne

Nature is my inspiration, above anything else. I have always loved the natural world, the colors of flowers, sky, animals, rocks, and all else. Patterns, designs, textures, all these things I look at and admire. I love the chaos of it all, the variety, the ever changing visuals, sounds, smells, textures, tastes. Mother Nature is, to me, the ultimate artist.

See what inspires others at the Studio Friday
blog.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

good thoughts! Cute illustration.

August 25, 2006 3:05 pm  
Blogger Anke Martin said...

Nature is a great artist! I love it as well.

August 26, 2006 7:06 pm  
Blogger Going For Greatness said...

You are absolutely right, nature is a true inspiration!! I love your illustration, it's beautiful! Have a lovely weekend!
~Gabi

August 27, 2006 1:33 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

What a wonderful blog and how talented your - I am off to read your other blogs now.

August 27, 2006 10:24 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love the illustration...beautiful colours...I too love nature & am hugely inspired by flowers in particular...lovely blog...

Ouissi x

August 28, 2006 7:18 pm  
Blogger ELLA ELVIANA said...

beautiful image..! i love fairies. they are romantic.

September 07, 2006 3:26 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home